Thursday, October 15, 2009

Random Update

Mia got her first report card today. She did great and her teacher's comment was "Mia is a SWEET girl and is such a joy to have in my class". Always good to hear that other people are being blessed by your children as well. We are so proud of her.

My dad was not able to get an appointment at the Mayo Clinic until December 15th. Apparently it takes months to get in. His doctor here ran some general blood tests and also tested for Lyme Disease but these results have not come back yet. He is on 3 medications for pain right now. Please pray that one of these tests may show something or that the medicine will start giving him some relief until December. He is in bed about 90% of the time right now:(

Averi has continued doing well with going potty. Even on our trip she did great. I learned my lesson because one night we were at a restaurant and she said she needed to go and I had just taken her not too long before that. So I said "I'll take you on our way out" and then she had an accident (she had to do the opposite). She was so embarrassed and buried her head in my shoulder:( Poor thing! I felt so bad! But other than that she is doing great and has even gotten to the point where she will come tell me when she needs to go. She has done way better than Mia first did with using public restrooms. Mia used to be terrified to go in public restrooms. She thought they were too dirty and loud:) Averi couldn't care less! So funny!

Anyways, there's a little random update. I am still loving my job and am thankful for the many ways God has blessed us!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad...we will be praying for him and also for your mom as she takes care of him!!
Send the kids over that will make him feel 100% immediately!!
Love,
Barb Mc