Thursday, November 5, 2009

Please Pray

Please be praying with and for us! We found out yesterday that Jon was being laid off effective tomorrow:( The bank has been struggling financially and they are having to make some cutbacks (as a lot of companies are right now). This came as a total shock to us! BUT we know that God is Sovereign. It honestly is scary especially when you have small children to take care of. But God has never let us "go hungry" before and I know He certainly will not now. Just be in prayer that God will give us wisdom and direction. It's strange because we both actually have a peace about it. I mean we are obviously concerned especially about him finding work in the economy as it is now, but we trust and believe that God's got a better plan for him and for us. Just not sure what it is yet, but we know He will reveal it to us in time. We are thankful that I am working part time right now so that will help some. Thanks for your prayers!

My current motto is: It is what it is! Now how we choose to react, deal with, and handle it is up to us.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh goodness! I will be praying! Sounds like you guys have an Awesome attitude about it!!

Liz Ferguson said...

Jaci, I will be praying for your family. I am sorry to hear about the job loss. We have been down that path so many times. It is a little scary but we have seen God do some amazing things through it all. Having the right perspective(which you do) really helps.

Lindsay said...

Wow, Jaci. I'm so sorry to hear that, but it sounds like y'all have a great outlook. I'll be praying that this will end up being a blessing in disguise for your family.

Barbara said...

Jaci, we will be praying. Lori's husband was in that situation last year and GOD undertook for the kids. It was hard for them but God gave them a special time together as they looked to HIM for their future!!

Carla said...

Wow, that's terrible. I have so many other thoughts considering my past with USB, but those do lead me to the fact that this could be a VERY good thing in the long run. We will be praying for yall! Praise God for His grace and provision!

jade, trish, halle and will said...

Praying for you!!!

Kate said...

Hey sweetie!!
Lifting you up to the Father...keep on walking! I love you and am here if you need me...xoxo

Christen said...

So sorry to hear that, I will be praying for you guys!

Ann Marie said...

Oh Jaci I'm so sorry to hear this! this happened while we were gone last week, so I guess thats how i missed it.
we will definately be praying for yall!

christiejones said...

Jaci, I just checked in. So sorry to hear this, but believing with you that the Lord has a plan to provide.
Praying for you guys.