Monday, December 7, 2009

Counting Our Blessings!

COSTA RICA - I will be helping lead the high school group of our church to Costa Rica in March. I am absolutely thrilled and can't wait to be a part of it. We will be holding a 1 week camp for kids from the slums there. I wasn't sure if I would be able to go with Jon not having a job right now, but a member of the church came and told me they would pay my way there if I could work it out to go. Talk about a HUGE PRAISE! We are still praying about Jon going too. He really wants to but we will have to raise the money for his way. It will also depend whether he gets a new job before then and has the availability to go or not.

INSURANCE - Or lack thereof! Our insurance ran out on Monday and Averi woke up with a fever and earache Tuesday morning. I couldn't believe the timing. I knew she had an ear infection as we were just in the week before with Mia who had a bad cold and a double ear infection. Averi also had a cold too and was saying her ear hurt.

So anyways, I called doctor's office and asked for a call back from our pediatrician. The nurse said "you mean Dr. A. himself?!" Typically they have a nurse call back but I knew that if I talked to him directly and explained to him our situation, that he would just call in a prescription for Averi without making us come in. So he called me around 7:30 that night and was very gracious and understanding and said he would be happy to help and call in the prescription. They typically won't do that without seeing her first. So he even called Publix for me to make sure they got it done that night before they closed and he called in one of the free antibiotics. So that was a huge blessing.

We are still trying to get some type of insurance coverage at least for the girls for now. I also saw my OB at a banquet last week and he assured me that everything would be fine if I do get pregnant (he knows we are trying) and to just let him know and they would work something out at his office. Again, an awesome praise! That really put us at ease with all that...

WORK FOR JON - Jon hasn't been able to find anything long term yet, but as I mentioned in my last post God has provided work for him for at least the next month. He is helping Jeff B. build playsets during the holidays, and also working for Jim T. at his architecture firm doing some financial stuff. So we are very thankful for that!

FINANCIAL - We were able to sell an extra car that we had to my grandmother. We have been needing to sell it, and kept putting it off, so the timing was perfect because she moved down here a few months ago and was needing a car. God has continued to provide for us in other ways. We have not yet had a bill unpaid, there are presents under our Christmas tree, we have had money for food etc. God is good ALL the time! Thank you for your prayers...

7 comments:

Rachel said...

That's so awesome! I'm glad y'all are getting to see God's provision so first-hand. Sometimes, times like these are the most awesome!

I will be praying for Jon to find a permanent job!

Barbara said...

Jaci,
Alabama has a great insurance program for children...Lori has her kids on it and it is based on income. It is with blue Cross....I can ask her for more information.
How is your Dad??

Heather said...

Wow, this is all terrific...except for the ear infections! Wish we were home so Dan could be in the office with Jon. Soon, though.

We saw your Dad on the way out here. We had the same flight to Atlanta. Glad to hear it's almost time for his trip to Mayo.

See you soon. Tell the girls I'll need a hug. :o)

Lindsay said...

That is so awesome that you can see the hand of God providing for you so directly! So neat.

Dr. A. is the best. I decided to go with him after you and several other people recommended him when I was pregnant with Eli and we absolutely love him!

Christen said...

It's wonderful to hear how God is providing for your family! We'll pray for Jon to get the perfect job very soon!

Jen Wendorf said...

We used Medicaid/ALLKids for Fritz the first three years of his life. They can be a hassle to apply for, but awesome once you have it, because you hardly pay anything. I also used Medicaid when I was pregnant, which was a huge blessing. There is a great patient-hospital relations type person at Brookwood who helps out with making sure Medicaid patients are taken care of. Let me know if you need info/details.

Ann Marie said...

So cool to see how God is providing for your family! we are still praying for Jon's job situation!