Friday, April 23, 2010

More On The House

I was hoping to have more pictures to post today, but I forgot to take my camera with me to the house today. I will try to remember to take it over tomorrow. Anyways, we had our carpet installed in the bedrooms this week which is SO nice and makes them feel like fresh, brand new rooms.

We let the girls go over to the house with us this morning to play while we worked. I brought their dollhouse, some dolls, and a little tent and they had SO much fun playing in their new CLEAN bedrooms. This was expecially exciting to Mia who can't stand dirt of any kind. She would hardly walk inside the house at all before and never without plugging her nose:) So I went to Bath & Body Works and got some of those plug-ins and between those and fresh paint and new carpet it smells MUCH better, and she finally approves. Averi couldn't care less and has never once noticed or mentioned the smell:)

We are now working on painting the cabinets in the bathrooms. Then we will work on the bathroom tile next. I sure am learning how to do a lot through this whole process:)

We ordered our new stainless steel appliances this week which I am SO excited about. We have to wait until the hardwoods are completed in the kitchen to install everything, but I can't wait. I have always wanted a side by side fridge and stainless steel, so I am thrilled about it.

The most frustrating thing to me the last few weeks has been the chaos! I like to have organization and since I am putting all my energy into working on the new house, I get frustrated coming home to our current house and feeling like it's a mess but I don't have my usual energy to feel like cleaning it much. But the upcoming move is giving me a chance to go through and get rid of things or reorganize and in a few weeks we will have a beautiful new house. I have to keep a positive attitude at all times, or I would have given up on day 1 for sure:)

P.S. Sorry for all the house posts, but it's pretty much the only thing going on in our lives right now:)

2 comments:

Amy Q said...

So exciting! New paint and new floors make it feel like a whole new house and make it feel more "yours", if that makes sense. I am so happy for you all and can't wait for y'all to be able to kick back and relax in your new house!!!

Beth said...

Sounds GREAT! Can't wait to see! BTW -- I DID end up painting our little bathroom on Saturday! Whew! Was I worn out?!?!
I'm sure y'all are excited about finishing and actually enjoying your new house!