Friday, August 13, 2010

A Day We'll Never Forget

Today was Mia's first day of Kindergarten (and Averi started K-3). They were both so excited and ready! It made it easier for me that they were excited:) I think if one of them had started crying then I would have been an emotional wreck. I had a couple of moments yesterday where I teared up, but it wasn't because I was sad to be sending them to school, it was just realizing that I can't believe Mia is already old enough to be in Kindergarten. The time has gone by WAY TOO FAST! I wrote her a letter yesterday and that made the tears really flow.

I am so thankful that my girls are able to go to school at Shades Mtn. Christian again this year. It's just so awesome to have them taught by godly women in our church whose families we have known and adored for years. We have always said that we will take one year at a time, and assess what type of school is best for each child for that year. But it is great to have a peace that we know they are right where God wants them at this time in their lives...

Mia was already up getting dressed for school when I went to wake her up...not surprising at all:)

Averi was still sound asleep

I bought them a "first day of school" surprise. Mia got a heart necklace with her name on it and a little stuffed dog that has a matching backpack and Averi got a little elephant with matching purse and lip gloss...



On the way to school


Daddy walking the girls in...

Mia walking with her teacher Mrs. Vigneulle to her class...

Averi hugging her teacher Mrs. Reeves (who is also a dear friend of mine) :)

After we dropped the girls off at school, Jon and I came home and had a nice quiet breakfast together. Then he headed to work and I spent the morning cleaning...It was a GREAT morning! And the girls each had MANY stories to share when they got in the car. I am looking forward to a great year...

3 comments:

itspicturedperfectly.blogspot.com said...

jac, this is such a special post and truly a wonderful day! so glad it was such a great time for them and hoping the year is wonderful for Averi and Mia! We have decided to begin homeschooling for the next few months until we know where we are settling since we are having to move in October and don't know where it will be yet. I am nervous as I go into it, but know the Lord will direct me to know what to do and teach!

Amy Q said...

Awesome! So exciting!

Rachel said...

How cute!! I love all the pictures!!