Our girls were absolutely elated about the news of the baby. They want to touch my tummy or "feel the baby" daily. According to them my stomach is already getting big. They are going to think I'm a whale by the end of it:)
It's cute to hear all the questions they come up with. Averi's are always sweet and simple like...
"Is the baby swimming in your tummy or sleeping right now?" or
"what color is her hair going to be". Typically followed by
"when is the baby going to be born? Is it today?"
She wants a baby sister...
Mia asks some really hard and more intellegent questions like...
"if you are eating rice and the baby doesn't have teeth yet then how does it chew the food?" or
"when you throw up is the baby throwing up too?"
Her questions are good bit more challenging to answer:) I've even already gotten the dreaded "how did the baby get in your tummy?" question!
Mia wants a baby brother because she already has a sister although she has also mentioned that she would be happy with either one because it is a blessing whether it is a boy or girl:)
It's cute to see how they are both excited in their own ways. I am learning to deal with the sickness and go on. Jon has been a huge help during this time and getting up early to get the girls to school by 8 as it takes me a while to get moving first thing. He has also been cooking since I can hardly stand the smell of food right now. I sometimes feel like I get so down on myself about not being able to do more around the house. But I realize that God's #1 priority for me right now is to rest and eat healthy as this baby grows. I'm definitely looking forward to having my normal energy back. Maybe only a few more weeks! Here's to hoping!
4 comments:
Oh I hope you feel better soon! Seems like subsequent pregnancies should get easier since we have other ones to take care of, right?!
I'm so glad everything is still going well though. And you're right, those are some sweet questions and comments you're getting from the girls.
I am so excited for you! I was always so down on myself too. I don't know why we expect ourselves to be superhuman or something. It's always a blessing having great husbands like ours that jump in and start taking care of what needs to be done. I pray God gives you extra strength and energy and many nausea-free moments! ;-) I'm so happy for you!
glad the pregnancy is still going well! been praying for you!
Sounds like you are doing GREAT, even if you are sick....hopefully it will soon be over!! We praise the Lord with you for this new little one....the questions from your girls are adorable!!
Love,
Aunt Barb McAlister
Post a Comment