Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rough Week

I have to start out this post with saying that we have all been VERY fortunate with being sick free these last few months and for that I am thankful. I know many of you have had sick children and thankfully we kept bypassing all the sickness going on around us. Until this past week...

Averi went to school on Tuesday and a little girl in her class (who had been throwing up already that morning on the way to school) came in complaining to the teacher right away of not feeling good (and smelled like puke). Well, she happens to sit right next to Averi at her table. And not long after she arrived to school, she threw up ALL over the table and Averi. Disgusting! I mean really, why would you send your child to school throwing up?! I was pretty upset, if I'm being honest, when Averi got in the car and told me that the girl had thrown up all over the place. Especially when I found out that she was already sick that morning before she came to school. I could understand a little better if it just hit her once she was there. Well, sure enough a few hours later Averi starts puking everywhere. And continues to throw up for the next 12 hours straight every 15-30 minutes. It was so violent and exhausting! So the next day I stayed home with her and she threw up a couple more times through the day. Well that night it hits me HARD around midnight, and I threw up all night long. Which let me tell you, if a stomach virus isn't bad enough on it's own, it's way worse when you're 5 mos. pregnant. Especially since I was up all night the previous night with Averi.

On top of Averi and I being sick, we were freaking out all week trying to keep Mia away from us because her Kindergarten graduation was on Thursday and she had been practicing for months and was so excited about it and we did not want her to miss it. I didn't know if I was going to be able to make it because I was so sick that day. But thankfully with a lot of prayer and some Zofran I was able to go. Averi and I just sat in the balcony and tried to stay away from everyone. I was so thankful that we were able to be there though. She did an amazing job! Seperate post with pictures on her graduation to come...

We are still having a hard time getting Averi to eat and get her strength back so we're pretty worried about her. Hoping that in the next day or two she will get her appetite back and get back to her normal bubbly, sweet self or we'll be heading to the doctor on Monday.

2 comments:

jenn purvis said...

so sorry Jac. it's no fun to have sick kiddos- and to be sick yourself especially when pregnant...hope you guys all on the mend soon and the bugs and viruses stay away! soo glad you were able to go to Mia's grad though! love you

Rachel said...

SO sorry. How awful! I'm glad Mia didn't catch it! I hope Averi feels like herself again soon.