So I am finally on the mend...Thanks to all of you who have been praying. We have survived! The fact that I had my wisdom teeth removed would not have been as big of a deal if we did not have 2 small children, but when you throw a 2 1/2 yr. old and 10 month old (with a fever & terrible cough) in to the mix it always makes for quite an adventure:) The good news is I did not throw up during or right after my surgery however stupid me took a Darvocet on an empty stomach in the middle of the night Friday which resulted in throwing up 3 times. I will NEVER do that again! Thankfully it was only a minor setback though and the Phenergan pretty much knocked me out the whole next day. I have had a lot of swelling and pain on the left side because the lower tooth was impacted so he had to cut pretty deep but it looks like the swelling is a little less each day.
Jon has been such a phenomenal help! He really did a great job juggling a sick wife and 2 little girls. He even got up with a sick Averi during the night and each morning when she woke up at the crack of dawn to give her a bottle and play with her. He decided to take today off since I was not completely up to par and ready to take care of myself and the girls all day alone. His mom is off tomorrow and will be keeping Mia for the day. And so far no dry sockets, PTL!!! If I can get through another day or two I should be in the clear.
Quick funny story about the Mia drama during the weekend. The day I got my teeth cut out Mia came walking in to my room and saw me laying on the bed with my eyes closed. Now she NEVER sees me asleep or really even laying down so it totally freaked her out. And I open my eyes just in time to see her running out of my room screaming & crying "aahhh mommy's not talking"!!! I swear she thought I was dead. SO hilarious!
Again thanks for all your prayers...
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love you!
I love you!
I saw Mia on Sunday and hugged her and said "hows Mommy?" she said...um Mommy's sick..... Mommy's sick" poor thing wasn't too happy about that too cute.
I am glad you are ok!
Post a Comment