Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Giving Thanks

I am marking out the things that could really frustrate me right now:
*Both of my girls have colds (where they cough every time they are asleep and are not resting well).
*Stressing about (lack of) finances.
*Sad my side of the family won't be here for Thanksgiving.
*Our ongoing car issues.

And choosing to focus on what God has blessed us with:

*FREE FIREWOOD - A gracious friend let Jon come over on Sunday and chop a bunch of firewood that would have cost us at least $75 if we bought it.

*WORK - Jon FINALLY got transferred to the Pelham branch (which is like 5-10 min.from our house). And thankfully Jon's job has not been affected with all the layoffs banks have been having lately because his bank is privately owned.

*FRIENDS - We have had some really fun get togethers with friends lately since soccer season is over.

*FAMILY - I have a wonderful, hardworking, dedicated husband and 2 adorable little girls that have my heart. I also have loving and godly parents and a mother in law who are a HUGE help with our kids.

*GIFT - We received a monetary gift from the soccer team which was awesome.

*HEALTH - I know a lot of people who are much sicker than the little colds that the girls have right now. It could be A LOT worse
.

Psalm 69:30 "I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving."
Psalm 95:2
"Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song."
Psalm 100:4
"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name."

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Great post! Good perspective! Thanks for the reminder - I needed it too!