As many of you know we have been trying for another baby. We have 2 beautiful little girls, but we have always said and hoped for 3 children. I have had 2 miscarriages in the last 6 months (with another one before I had Mia). The doctor ran a bunch of tests and so far the ones that have come back have been normal. He is still waiting on the results of a couple more. I have mixed feelings about that. I don't want anything to be wrong with me but at the same time I want an explanation as to why they are occurring. It makes me scared to get pregnant again and fearful that I may suffer yet another one... But if we don't know what is wrong then there's no way to "fix" it. I realize God knows exactly why, but it is truly hard for me to understand it...
The thing God has been teaching me the most through all this is that His timing is not always ours and His ways are not always ours. Which means that I have to:
1. Be okay with His timing! I am such a planner that I always have a set timeline that I think everything has to happen in.
2. Be okay with the fact that we do have 2 sweet little girls and it may not be HIS way/plan for us to have another one. That has been the hardest place for me to come to. I cry each and every time I think about that. But I have to be okay with that and I know he is breaking me and bringing me to this point for a reason. TOTAL and COMPLETE reliance on Him...NO MATTER WHAT!
This was my devotion for today. It was perfect for me and REALLY hit me hard...
In Times of Uncertainty,
Trust God’s Timing
I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined to me, and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1 NKJV
The Bible teaches us to trust God’s timing in all matters, but we are sorely tempted to do otherwise, especially when times are tough. When we are beset with problems, we are understandably anxious for a quick conclusion to our hardships. We know that our problems will end some day, and we want it to end NOW. God, however, works on His own timetable, and His schedule does not always coincide with ours.
God’s plans are perfect; ours most certainly are not. So we must learn to trust the Father in good times and hard times. No exceptions.
Elisabeth Elliot advised, “We must learn to move according to the timetable of the Timeless One, and to be at peace.” And Billy Graham observed, “As we wait on God, He helps us use the winds of adversity to soar above our problems.”
So today, as you face the uncertainties of everyday life, do your best to turn everything over to God. Whatever “it” is, He can handle it. And you can be sure that He will handle it when the time is right.
Will not the Lord’s time be better than your time?
C. H. Spurgeon
By His wisdom, He orders His delays so that they prove to be far better than our hurries.
C. H. Spurgeon
Waiting on God brings us to the journey’s end quicker than our feet.
Mrs. Charles E. Cowman
God is in no hurry. Compared to the works of mankind, He is extremely deliberate. God is not a slave to the human clock.
Charles Swindoll
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ugh...waiting, and waiting patiently is SO hard.
But what a great (and timely) devotion :).
Praying for you guys. I understand many of your feelings. God's timing is not our own. He has interesting ways of teaching us this, as my husband and I learned first-hand when we were trying to get pregnant before Bailey.
Great post - and so true. It's hard, but God always has a way of teaching us more through suffering than through getting what we want. Why does He have to do things that way?
This hits right where we have been lately, too. It sso encouraging to know hta tHIs ways are not our ways, and He has a higher purpose.
Post a Comment