Monday, December 28, 2009

Reflecting on 2009...Looking to 2010

I am not going to lie to you, 2009 has been a tough year for our family:

*I had 2 miscarriages and have not been able to get pregnant again (so far).

*My dad has been sick all year, and therefore my parents had to leave the mission field.

*Jon got laid off from his job very suddenly without any type of severance.

These are just to name a few. But through all these things God has remained faithful and He is Sovereign. And He continues to grow our faith each day. He has blessed us in MANY ways and for that we are thankful!

Some of the positive things we experienced this year...

*Mia started preschool and loves it.

*I started a job at our church which I love. I am really enjoying getting more involved with the youth of SMI.

*God blessed us with our SUV.

*We had another successful year coaching soccer.

*Averi got potty trained.

*And hopefully we will be blessed with a new house soon. We are in the house hunting process. We love our adorable little home but are outgrowing it, and God has opened a door for us to be able to move in the next couple of months. We are not sure at this point if we will try to sell our house or rent it out. I'll keep you posted...

So I look forward to 2010. Hoping it will maybe bring a new baby for our family (God willing), a new job for Jon, and a new house. We will be helping lead the youth of our church on a missions trip to Costa Rica in March. Can't wait to see what else He has in store for our lives in 2010...

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Been praying for yall...hoping for the best in 2010!

jade, trish, halle and will said...

Happy New Year Spain Family. May God Bless your 2010!!