Eating sour straws before the game...
Mia & Emma...
I think what has made it even harder for me was watching Mia cry and get so upset about this team being over. After our final game and medal ceremony, we had a team talk with the girls and parents and different girls shared about what the team meant to them. Mia walked up to the front where Jon was facilitating the talk and raised her hand and said she had something to say. Then she said "I just love you guys!" and started absolutely bawling. Let me just say whoever wasn't already crying started crying then. It was the sweetest and saddest thing ever. She could not stop crying and was just hugging all the girls. I mean she has been on the sideline of these girls games since she was a week old (literally). And she gets very attached to people so this has been really hard for her as well. Bless her heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment