Throughout my entire pregnancy, Lila consistently measured 1-2 weeks ahead. And since I had already proven to have big babies, we set an induction date for 39 weeks. It's a good thing we did since she was already over 9 lbs. She would have most likely been 10+ lbs. at 40 weeks causing me to have a c-section. I had inductions with both of my other girls, so it was something I was extremely comfortable with. Actually, I am such a planner that I almost prefer it.
This was by far my best delivery out of my 3 girls. We had an AWESOME nurse named Jonlyn. She was so sweet, attentive, encouraging and even happened to be a believer. A good L&D nurse can make all the difference in the world.
Jon and I arrived at the hospital at 6am on Wednesday morning. The nurse got me prepped before Dr. A came in and broke my water around 6:45am. I was already 4 cm and 90% effaced upon arrival and having sporatic contractions. So once they started the pitocin, it didn't take long for things to get going.
With both of my other deliveries, I was nauseous and throwing up the entire time, so I asked my nurse to see if they could give me something stronger to help prevent that. Her and the anasthesiologist came up with a concoction of 5 different medications to keep me from getting nauseous and PTL I did not throw up once. It was so much better!
My sisters Jenny and Jeanna, along with my mom and Jon were all able to be in the delivery room the entire time. They were all very encouraging and it was so special to have them be able to be a part of Lila's birth.
I won't give a total play by play, but I got my epidural around 6-7cm and only had to push for 30 minutes before Lila was born at 12:17pm with a total of less than 6 hrs. in labor. It was AWESOME! Wouldn't have changed a thing about it! I was so relieved to see that she was healthy as I always had in the back of my mind what the fertility specialist had said that something could be genetically wrong with her. She had told us that we could have tests run ahead of time to see if there was, but we knew that it wouldn't change anything for us, we would love her no matter what.
After Lila was safely in my arms, my OB was praying for Lila and thanking God for our little miracle and he got a little choked up while praying. It was very touching as he is a dear friend of ours and his been with us through EVERYTHING! We are so thankful that God put Dr. A in our lives. Here are some pictures of that amazing day...
This was by far my best delivery out of my 3 girls. We had an AWESOME nurse named Jonlyn. She was so sweet, attentive, encouraging and even happened to be a believer. A good L&D nurse can make all the difference in the world.
Jon and I arrived at the hospital at 6am on Wednesday morning. The nurse got me prepped before Dr. A came in and broke my water around 6:45am. I was already 4 cm and 90% effaced upon arrival and having sporatic contractions. So once they started the pitocin, it didn't take long for things to get going.
With both of my other deliveries, I was nauseous and throwing up the entire time, so I asked my nurse to see if they could give me something stronger to help prevent that. Her and the anasthesiologist came up with a concoction of 5 different medications to keep me from getting nauseous and PTL I did not throw up once. It was so much better!
My sisters Jenny and Jeanna, along with my mom and Jon were all able to be in the delivery room the entire time. They were all very encouraging and it was so special to have them be able to be a part of Lila's birth.
I won't give a total play by play, but I got my epidural around 6-7cm and only had to push for 30 minutes before Lila was born at 12:17pm with a total of less than 6 hrs. in labor. It was AWESOME! Wouldn't have changed a thing about it! I was so relieved to see that she was healthy as I always had in the back of my mind what the fertility specialist had said that something could be genetically wrong with her. She had told us that we could have tests run ahead of time to see if there was, but we knew that it wouldn't change anything for us, we would love her no matter what.
After Lila was safely in my arms, my OB was praying for Lila and thanking God for our little miracle and he got a little choked up while praying. It was very touching as he is a dear friend of ours and his been with us through EVERYTHING! We are so thankful that God put Dr. A in our lives. Here are some pictures of that amazing day...
Pre-epidural. I had the shakes so bad!
Here are the girls (with Jon's dad and mom) in the waiting room. SO excited to meet their new baby sister...
Me with Eden L. right after Lila was born! Love this sweet girl and am so glad she was able to be here in the U.S. to be a part of this special day. She is like a part of our family!
Meeting Lila for the first time!
Us with Dr. A.
Official birthweight on the scale
Holding my miracle for the first time
Juju, Mimi and Mrs. Lynn admiring Lila
This daddy is already so in love with his baby girl
Happy & relieved mommy and daddy
1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him."
3 comments:
Big baby!
I'm so glad she came so quickly! And holy moly, you were 4 when you went in to get induced?! I'm a teensy bit jealous about that. Weird, right?
Congratulations!!
awww. sweet Lila! Aunt Ramona can't wait to meet you! ;) xo
That is awesome that you had such a great birth experience with Lila!
Post a Comment