Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Curious George and Almost Walking?

So we FINALLY have a theme for Mia's birthday party. Ever since we started planning Averi's party Mia has started telling people every day "today is my birthday". Her birthday is May 2nd so I reminded her over and over that Av's birthday was first and once it was over we could start planning for hers. So anyways, she has been trying to decide for a long time what kind of party she wanted to have. She LOVES the show Dora but is very unsettled by the character on Dora called Swiper the Fox. Swiper tries to take toys and "swipe" other things from Dora, and Mia being the sensitive child that she is gets very upset by that so I have to fast forward through a lot of the parts Swiper is on. Anyways...she was convinced she wanted a Dora party until we went to buy the plates a couple weeks ago and when I showed them to her the first thing she said was "Uh-oh, Swiper's on there, I can't like Swiper, I don't want Dora". So she quickly changed her mind from Dora to other things like Princess, Curious George etc. So today we went to buy the party stuff and again she was convinced she wanted Dora until again she saw Swiper on the plates:) So I finally talked her in to Curious George which she is very excited and "settled" about:) When we got in the car she said "I like Curious George, Swiper's not on there".


In Averi's little world I am doing my best to try and get her to walk. We practice a lot each and every day. She's at the lovely stage where she takes 2 or 3 steps to me or drops down to crawl because that is much faster for her and she likes to move quickly. I have a feeling that she will go from crawling straight to running. But anyways, we are heading to the beach next weekend and I was really hoping she might be walking by then because it would be so much easier if she were. Probably just wishful thinking on my part. We'll see...She has a couple of toys that she loves to walk with and push. She also had her very last bottle 2 days ago. It was a little sad for me since that was my 2 minutes of cuddle time I got from her each day. Oh well...



4 comments:

Rachel said...

That is SO funny about the plates!! That is hilarious!
Good luck on the walking. Maybe Averi and Ali will learn together. btw, We have that same Hippo toy and Ali loves it!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carla said...

I think that it's so sweet how sensitive Mia is. I think I was a lot like that when I was little too. I hated the "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean" song, because I thought it was a "bunny" not "Bonnie" and I was said the bunny was alone overseas! haha.

One last thought:
"Swiper NO SWIPING!"

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

i love that little Averi. that last picture looks like Mia. don't worry she'll be walking in no time and then we will have the blogs about how often she is getting hurt or running into things.. lol