We had a great time with family and friends. Mia was so thrilled to have everyone there. As a matter of fact she was having so much fun just riding in the bike cart and hanging out with her friends that we had to pull her away to come open her presents. I'm glad that she wasn't obsessed with just wanting to open her presents the whole time. She was content to just enjoy the party without focusing on that. She was so sweet because she must have said 10 times on the way home to me "Mommy, thank you for my party". And I didn't even tell her to say that! I was in disbelief that a child so young already has a heart of thanks. We must be doing something right:) I've been to a lot of parties with kids who acted selfish and unthankful and have vowed that I would never allow my children to act that way. That they would learn to always be appreciative! It's always good to see the fruit of our labor. Anyways, here are some pictures of the party...
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Mia's Party
We had Mia's 3rd birthday party on Saturday at Oak Mountain State Park. Her birthday isn't until this Friday but we had the party early since we have soccer tournaments the next 3 weekends in a row. It turned out to be a beautiful day (they were predicting thunderstorms) and we found a perfect spot at Oak Mtn. in the shade with a nice breeze. It was close enough to the water but not too close etc...It had a road that wrapped around so the kids could ride on the bike cart and in the wagon. It could not have been more perfect!
We had a great time with family and friends. Mia was so thrilled to have everyone there. As a matter of fact she was having so much fun just riding in the bike cart and hanging out with her friends that we had to pull her away to come open her presents. I'm glad that she wasn't obsessed with just wanting to open her presents the whole time. She was content to just enjoy the party without focusing on that. She was so sweet because she must have said 10 times on the way home to me "Mommy, thank you for my party". And I didn't even tell her to say that! I was in disbelief that a child so young already has a heart of thanks. We must be doing something right:) I've been to a lot of parties with kids who acted selfish and unthankful and have vowed that I would never allow my children to act that way. That they would learn to always be appreciative! It's always good to see the fruit of our labor. Anyways, here are some pictures of the party...

















We had a great time with family and friends. Mia was so thrilled to have everyone there. As a matter of fact she was having so much fun just riding in the bike cart and hanging out with her friends that we had to pull her away to come open her presents. I'm glad that she wasn't obsessed with just wanting to open her presents the whole time. She was content to just enjoy the party without focusing on that. She was so sweet because she must have said 10 times on the way home to me "Mommy, thank you for my party". And I didn't even tell her to say that! I was in disbelief that a child so young already has a heart of thanks. We must be doing something right:) I've been to a lot of parties with kids who acted selfish and unthankful and have vowed that I would never allow my children to act that way. That they would learn to always be appreciative! It's always good to see the fruit of our labor. Anyways, here are some pictures of the party...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment