Monday, May 12, 2008

Really Hard Weekend

We went to Decatur/Huntsville this weekend for our State Cup Playoffs. On the soccer end, our team did really well. We actually tied the team that won the whole thing but since we had lost another game 2-1 the day before, it knocked us out of the championship. We finished in 3rd place overall.

Anyways, other than that to be honest it was a pretty bad weekend. Averi came down with a fever starting Friday night soon after we arrived in Decatur. Now mind you we are in a hotel (all 4 in one room) in a strange town with a very sick baby. Her fever was at 103.7 (at the highest recorded point) and this is with the Motrin & Tylenol. The high fever was also making her throw up. She could not get comfortable enough to sleep very well. We had her in a cool bath twice during the night on Saturday trying to get her fever down. Needless to say, Jon, Averi & I had 2 very rough, sleepless nights. We ended up having to skip our last game on Sunday to drive straight back in to town to the doctor's office. It worked out that her doctor was in the office Sunday morning and we got there 30 minutes before they closed. So it was definitely a good thing we skipped our game or we would have never made it. But I was not going through yet another sleepless night with Averi being as sick as she was. We had to get her some help. He said her throat was full of puss (the worst throat he had seen all weekend); she has tonsillitis. He put her on Amoxicillin and after 2 doses her fever finally broke this morning (after almost 4 days). I have never seen her so sick! It was absolutely terrible. Her eyes were so red and droopy from the fever and she had a continual moan and whine almost all weekend.

This was one of those Mother's Day's where I really got to practice the sacrificial, unconditional part of being a mom:) I look forward to the ones where my kids spoil me and take me out etc...No but really Jon did a great job helping me out and trying to still help me have a good day. We went out to Jim & Nick's after the girls nap with him mom. Averi was still feeling really bad so he spent almost the entire time strolling her around outside so I could enjoy my dinner. Then we came home after dinner and put the girls to bed and I got a GREAT massage. And I did get to go out with 5 of my friends to the Melting Pot last Tuesday night while he stayed home with the girls. So thank you Jon for all your help this weekend!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Poor Averi! What is it with bad Mother's Day weekends this year?? I'm so sorry. I'm glad she is feeling better!!!

Kate said...

Oh, Jac...so so sorry to hear about Averi!! It's terrible when they get sick and they're too little to tell you what's wrong. Poor baby!! :{ Glad that you got some med for her...pray that she bounces back SOON! Take it easy...you are a GREAT Mommy!! Lots of love and hugs! :)