Averi and I had one of the horrific nights. She was up from about 2am on. So I laid there all night going:
Could she have an ear infection?
Is it her throat?
Could she be having a reaction to the fish she had for dinner?
Is she having seperation anxiety (since we left her with a sitter tonight)?
Does her stomach hurt?
And on and on....
And I tried everything. I rocked her some, layed her back down. Right as I am falling back asleep, she's screaming again.
Brought her in our bed. Had a few sweet tender minutes of cuddling, she fell asleep on my chest and 5 minutes later she is screaming again. Can't get her to settle down until we go back to the rocking chair in her room and rock some more.
We went back and forth all night from room to room. I was doing all I could to keep her from crying so that she didn't wake up Mia and Jon (he finally ended up on the couch...poor guy).
It was INSANE. I mean typically when she is sick she wakes up, I give her some medicine and she goes right back to sleep. And she normally doesn't even want me to rock her. She just points to get back into her bed.
So, I am going on about 3-4 hours of sleep. She has a doctor's appt. at 11:15. Praying it is something that is at least treatable and not a "oh maybe it's just her teeth" or "it's viral, there's nothing we can do" answer. My gut instinct is that it's an ear infection but she's not running a fever so that's kind of weird. So anyways, pray that I can make it through this day. I know all you moms have been there:) It reminds me of the newborn days...
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
aw man... i'll be praying for you all today! :( so sorry!
Post a Comment