Here we are loading up the mini bus to drive down the side of the mountain to our campsite...
Here are the backpacks we gave to each of the kids with clothes, toiletries and shoes...
Here is Cristopher all happy after receiving his new clothes (FYI, most of these kids don't own but one or two pair of clothes)...

Here we are the first day playing group games to get to know the kids...

Playing Sumo Game - I have no words for this picture (I look like I'm demon possessed) :)

We went swimming with the kids in the river and the water was FREEZING!!!


We had morning and evening sessions with the kids where we would sing, dance and Jonathan would speak...



Jon coordinated and led the worship team...

We gave the kids each a Bible and they were so proud of them and really cherished them...


Robert F., Jon & I organized a soccer tournament for everyone. We had 5 teams and it was a lot of fun. I played on a team and Jon refereed (so that he wouldn't hurt one of the kids or get too competitive:) )...
They showed us how to make this bread and then we cooked it over a fire. It was really cool and actually tasted good too...

I painted 10 of the girls fingernails and they LOVED it. They had never even seen nail polish before...


Here's just a few pictures of different kids at the camp...




This was another one of my FAVORITE little boys. His name is Cesar, and he is SO adorable! If I could have, I would have brought him home in a heartbeat. Anyways, on our last day there we had a giant Easter egg hunt for the kids which they loved...


This is something called the Hamaca. You basically jump off a platform about 40 feet high and free fall until the rope catches you and then you swing out over the soccer field and back through the trees. A lot of the Ticos (CR Children) were too scared to do it and rightly so but a few of them did try it. It was fun and well worth it...




We did lots of rock climbing and rappelling. Jon and I used to go a lot before the girls were born so it was fun to get to do it again. This rock climbing gym was the largest in all of Central America. I was happy that I was still able to climb after 6 years and 2 babies...



Here is a group picture of everyone before we left...

On the last night we were there, we shared the Gospel and 17 kids came to know Christ. It was one of the most awesome things I have EVER experienced. We had counselors that met with them 1 on 1 so they understood everything thoroughly. And when they came downstairs they were crying and smiling all at the same time. Several of them came and hugged me for like ever and just cried. It was amazing!
1 comment:
I love the picture of the kids reading their new Bibles!
Post a Comment