Monday, November 22, 2010

What We Are Thankful For This Year

Last night when we were riding home from the youth bonfire, I asked Mia what she was thankful for this Thanksgiving. She answered:

"I'm thankful for Jesus and that He died on the cross for my sins and rose from the grave. And that we can worship him every day!" Okay, so I was definitely impressed and convicted by her answer. She's only 5 and it makes me so proud to see how she has a heart for God at such a young age.



Averi says she's thankful for her daddy, mommy and sister:) Precious girl!

And the things Jon and I are most thankful this Thanksgiving for are:

*Our new house. It has been such a blessing already! We are loving the location and the extra space has been awesome.

*God provided Jon with a permanent position at Evan Terry & Associates as of last Friday. He has been contract labor up to now, and apparently they have been very impressed with his work. This will now provide insurance coverage for all of us, vacation and sick pay and just the security of knowing he has a permanent job. I am SO proud of Jon and thankful that God provided a job for him working for a Christian boss and a lot of great people and one that he really loves. This time last year Jon had just lost his job and my Thanksgiving post was about being thankful the Lord was providing for our daily needs:)

2 comments:

Kristin Owen said...

Jaci, that is so sweet what Mia said she was thankful for. So precious! That's great about Jon's job. Such a wonderful blessing.

Christen said...

That's awesome news about Jon's job!