Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Soccer - Our Mission

Well we are in the middle of 2 full weeks of soccer camp right now. Which means practice every night for 2 1/2 hrs. Then we are going to Camp Cosby on Saturday and Sunday with the team for 2 days. We'll be doing ropes courses, swimming, having a talent show and some other team bonding stuff. It should be a lot of fun. This week we're with our U-16 team and then we're with the U-13 team next week. I am really looking forward to Camp Cosby. The girls are staying here. I love my girls dearly but after our week this past week, I am ready for a break:)

Please pray for Jon and I as we spend the weekend with these girls...that we would be a good witness to them and be able to minister to the girls who are not believers on the team (at least 3 or 4 girls). We are hoping that they will see Christ through us and the other girls who are believers on the team.

I truly believe that God has brought each of these girls to our team for a purpose, and over the years we have seen a huge change in some of the girls on the team which has been awesome. Jon & I truly feel like this is our mission field. We have always had a heart for missions and right now we feel like God has us right here in Birmingham, AL as coaches of Briarwood Soccer Club. This is our 6th year to coach:) We started out "just for fun" and "to see how we liked it" and we haven't been able to pull ourselves away from this team since. We love it!

Anyways, I know I'm rambling now, but like I said please keep us and these 16 girls in your prayers this weekend.

3 comments:

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

absolutely! I cant believe its been that long. I will pray that you get some great conversations! Have fun!

kristie said...

that's cool, jac! i'll be praying for them too! have fun!

NotJustLaura said...

I will remember you all in prayer.