Saturday, February 21, 2009

Why I Hate Car Shopping

We are in the beginning stages of shopping for an SUV and I am already exhausted from it. Why?!

1. We found a GREAT deal on one and told the guy we were coming to look at it the next day and were probably going to buy, and then he sold it that night. So I got all excited, and then he sold it from under us. SO frustrating!

2. I hate being pressured! We have a very specific price range because we are buying it right out as we do not want to take on a loan. But what I hate is when you walk into a dealership and they say "oh it's only X amount" which happens to be like 2 or 3 times more than what we can afford. I wanna say "oh really, is that all?!" to which their next sentence is always, "well we can get you a loan"...NO THANK YOU! Not that I'm saying it's wrong to take on a loan, we just don't feel like it's right for us to take on one right now. If anything, we are trying to cut costs, not take on more.

3. I get sold emotionally on every one we find:) I've already gotten disappointed on several that either weren't what they appeared to be, or were sold before we got there.

I'm sure if we had a bigger price range and were willing to take on a large loan then we would have millions of options. But we are trusting that God is in control and has the perfect car for us. Definitely another trust issue for me. It's like Jon says, it's not like we have to have it today and there will be plenty more cars that go on sale before we have to have one.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Good luck! I know it's a lot of work.
We got ours from Omega Auto Sales in Chelsea, and he was AWESOME. Not pressury at all, and gave us $2K more on my trade-in than anyone else offered.

Greta said...

Eww. I'm so not a fan of car shopping...although I think selling a car is just as frustrating if not more!

Ann Marie said...

Oh man I lOATHE car shopping too! It was very frustrating last summer when we were shopping for SUVs too! Yall sound like us..we had X amount of cash and scott's car to trade. It took weeks to strike the right deal!
We did end up getting a good deal from Crowne Nissan...we finally just told our sales man: "we want ___ car, we have $___, Scott's old Maxima, we want these particulars in our car. So we would love to work with you, if you can find waht we are looking for." Once he really believed that we DID NOT WANT A LOAN, he found us what we wanted! THe color was the only thing, but I didnt care about that!
GOOD LUCK! And dont give into the loan temptation!! So nice not to have a car payment!

Lindsay said...

Ugh. We're in the middle of this right now, too. We have to get something else before this next baby's born and the pressure is really getting to me! Good luck. I'm sure you'll find the perfect thing in time.