Well...unfortunately the Australia missions trip has fallen through for this summer. We received an e-mail from the missionary over there saying the timing was not good for them as they are trying to open their new church in early August. At the same time, Jon & I really felt that God was closing the doors on for our team as well. A lot of people were concerned about the finances of the trip and we just weren't getting the numbers we hoped for. So when we heard that from the missionary, it really confirmed that the trip just wasn't meant to happen this summer.
My brother Joel had already asked Jon & I to come coach a soccer camp down in Hollywood, FL at his school. So what we have decided to do is open it up to the team and take as many of the girls that are able to go with us to help run the soccer camp. Joel is going to open it up to the community down there (in addition to the school) and try to bring in as many kids as possible. We are obviously disappointed about Australia but are excited about going to Florida and are expecting to have a lot more girls to participate and get involved in this mission. Please pray for us as we change our focus and start working on plans to head to Florida in July.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's a big change! I'm sorry Australia didn't work out, because I know that would have been awesome. However, I'm sure God has a master plan!! I'll be praying for you guys!
What does this do regarding your funding and all? I put your fundraising letter somewhere and haven't been able to find it. . .are y'all still going to be fundraising?
We will use the money we receive to put towards our trip (flights, food, lodging etc.) to Florida. If we receive overage, we will use it to scholarship kids to be able to come to the camp for free.
Post a Comment