Monday, April 27, 2009

Ups & Downs

So our Destin trip had it's ups and downs. I'll start out with the good points...I did get to lay out on the beach for a couple hours on Saturday afternoon. And we did make it to the outlet malls. I found some really good deals at the Children' Place outlet for the girls. Then we went out to eat at AJ's that night which was right on the harbour, so that was fun.

Unfortunately Jon started running a fever that evening after dinner and then starting throwing up during the night! I felt so bad for him. He was up off and on all night (all I could think of was that it was a good thing the girls weren't with us). We ended up having to leave to head back around 11 yesterday (at check out time) and we didn't get to make it to our last game. Jon was just too weak and sick and I had to get him home. All he wanted to do was get back to his own bed. So he slept in the car and I drove all the way back. He is still in quarantine in our room. He really wants to see the girls but I DO NOT want them to catch this thing. Mia's big ballet recital is Wednesday and her birthday is coming up at the end of the week too. Plus last summer when they caught the stomach bug from hell, it lasted 3 weeks (off and on). He is feeling a little better today and will hopefully be able feeling well enough to go back to work tomorrow. Please pray for him to get his strength back and that no one else catches it in the meantime.

Here's the 1 picture I took in Destin (and it's not even a good one at that). Pretty sad:)

No comments: