Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Festivities

We went over to Jon's mom's for an Easter egg hunt and dinner on Saturday night...



I had bought a pretty pearl necklace with a silver heart on it for Averi to wear to church on easter, but according to her she "don't want it...don't like it" :) She had taken it off 10 seconds after putting it on. Can we say TOMBOY?!




I had bought 5 dresses altogether for Mia that I thought were easter worthy. She needed some spring/summer dresses anyway. So I decided I would let her pick which one to wear this year on Easter. And of course wouldn't you know it she picked the most frilly one of all:) I have to say though that did look adorable and was just beaming. She twirled and twirled in it. Even though it wouldn't have been my pick, it was great to see how excited she was to wear it. I curled her hair some too and in her words she "looked like a princess".

Here's part of our family after church on Sunday...

After the girls nap we headed over to my parents house for an easter egg hunt and dinner...




My sister Jenny and her 2 girls are here visiting from El Paso, Texas this week. The girls are on Spring Break. They brought these confetti eggs which apparently is a mexican tradition. They are the coolest things. It's a real egg shell and you crack it on someone's head and there is confetti in them. Anyways, the girls had a blast with them.




The 4 granddaughters - Averi, Bree, Mia, Ansley



Mimi & her 2 babies:) Averi gets a little jealous when my mom is holding Parker, so she has to be up there too...

Jenny & Parker

2 comments:

christiejones said...

The girls looked so cute! And Jaci, I LOVED your dress on Easter. You looked so pretty.

Jaci Spain said...

Thank you Christie. That's so sweet...