Friday, January 29, 2010

Family Update

We are still waiting for a DEFINITE answer on our offer on the house but things are looking positive. They are trying to get the sheetrock in the playroom fixed
that is damaged, so that is where the hold up is right now. It's actually a good thing because it would be one less thing we have to do. We are hoping know something for sure next week. I'll keep ya'll posted...

Jon & I are going on a last minute 2-day getaway to Gatlinburg next week. We are staying in a cabin in the Smokey Mountains and may possibly go skiing one day. Neither of us have ever been (skiing), so I am really looking forward to it!

We are actually taking a season of soccer for the first time in 7 years! We will not be coaching in the Spring but will go back in the Fall. We thought it may be a good time to take a break since we will be moving soon and have a house to remodel etc.

Jon continues to work at Evan Terry (an architechural firm). He is really enjoying it and is doing the accounting/invoicing for them about 30 hours a week right now. We are so thankful!

We are doing lots of fundraisers and preparation for our trip to Costa Rica. There are 39 adults/youth going on our trip in March. We'll be gone for 9 days. I am so glad that God has worked it out for both Jon & I to go and am amazed how he provided the finances towards the trip as well.

That's about it for now. I will keep you posted about our house and other news...

3 comments:

Christen said...

That's great about the house!
Sounds like a fun getaway trip! I have a ski bib (haven't used it in several years) if you need one.

jenn purvis said...

jac- that is so awesome ya'll can get away for a few days and gatlinburg is soo fun :) definitely can't wait to see pics of the skiing! also, have been thinking of you so much with the house and praying all works out...it is such a beautiful house - it looks like it's good "good bones"! ALSO,,,awesome about Jon's job too, i KNOW that is such an amazing blessing for you two! God is good isn't He :)

Rachel said...

I hope the house works out quickly! And that y'all have fun in Gatlinburg!