So we traveled through the night on Thursday which was pretty exhausting. It took us 3 hours to check in at the Atlanta airport. Jon, Jonathan and I literally had to run to make our flight. It was pretty humorous. We had a delay and hit some pretty strong turbulence on the way there but we finally made it.
Once we arrived, we ate some delicious empanadas. Then we had team orientation. Marge planned a game of Jeopardy for us based on facts about Costa Rica which was really interesting...
The next morning we walked to the local vegetable market...
Here's Lynn, Connie & I admiring this BEAUTIFUL Costa Rican baby boy...
They gave us all coconuts to drink out of...Not as sweet as the ones in PNG
Jon & some of the guys playing soccer in the courtyard at the CFCI guesthouse where we stayed in San Jose. His team was so stacked. He & Garrett won every time:)
That night we went to the Long's youth group that they direct and Jonathan spoke...
More to come...And on a totally unrelated note, we FINALLY closed on the house today:) We will begin working on it this weekend!
4 comments:
Mrs. Jaci,
I am Ruth T's friend and have been following your blog for some time now!
Thank you for sharing pictures!! I have been to Costa Rica before and LOVED it!!! I can't wait to see more! :)
Yay for finally closing on your house!
The fresh fruits & veggies look awesome, was the food their good?
Aww, that baby's chubbiness reminds me of Parker! :) Too cute!
Great Pictures! It is so fun to hear about and see the pictures from your time in Costa Rica!
Post a Comment