Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Vamos a Costa Rica

We leave tomorrow night (in the middle of the night at 1am) and head to Atlanta where we will fly out to Costa Rica. I am getting more and more excited. I have been anxious about being able to accomplish everything I needed to before we leave. It is pretty intimidating being in charge of passports, money, forms etc. for 38 people traveling internationally! And then on top of that having to get everything ready for the girls at home...

I've been a little apprehensive about leaving them for 8 days. But I know they are going to be in good hands and will get completely spoiled while we are gone. They will be with Jon's mom the first half of our trip and my parents the second half.

We will be in San Jose for the first couple of days of our trip sightseeing and ministering to the missionaries there. And then we will take 30-40 kids from the slums with us to a campsite in the mountains called La Cumbre. We will spend 5 days there with them playing sports, doing crafts, rock climbing/high ropes courses, singing, and sharing the love of Christ with them. It's gonna be a blast!

PRAYER REQUESTS:
*Health for our team while we are there (and for our girls as well).

*For the team to mesh/work well together and to remember it's not about us...

*Pray for God to bring the kids to camp that need to be there most...

*Pray for the girls while we are away (and vice versa). I know I will be missing them, but will have some Costa Rican kids to love on for a few days so that will help:)

5 comments:

Deidre said...

Hope you guys have a wonderful trip! I spent 2 weeks in Costa Rica on a mission trip in high school and fell in love with the country and the people, so I am a little jealous! :) I know that you will have a wonderful time!

itspicturedperfectly.blogspot.com said...

I am so excited for you and all that you will experience while there...i can't wait to hear all that God does during this amazing trip.. will be praying for you and all the kids and people on the trip too...and for your girly girls too! wish we could get to see you too on our trip the atl. but when you get back let's schedule something. my sched. is pretty flexible so maybe we can head your way and help with some packing and moving and anything else! love and hugs!

KLBx4 said...

Hope you and Jon have a great trip. We will be praying for you both and the girls while you are away from each other. Cant wait to hear about your trip when you return and all what God did!

Amy Q said...

Wow girl you really did have alot to get done! I will be praying for y'all!! So excited! Can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures!

Christen said...

You're in our prayers! Can't wait to hear about the trip!