Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of Ballet

So today was Mia's first ballet class and she of course LOVED it! We had a little pre-class drama when we got her dressed which I expected (because she doesn't like to wear anything fitted & doesn't like to wear her hair up) but once she got over that she was all excited and had a blast.

Averi sure wasn't shy. The second we walked in she ran right over and got in the middle of all the little girls and was "dancing" too:)

And then here's Mia standing right next to me watching:) It took her a few minutes to warm up.

Sitting together waiting for the teachers.

Meeting her teachers...

I don't know if you can tell by this picture but she is by far the littlest:) That's okay, I know the feeling:)


It was so cute because when we went to pick her up she was spinning around and saying "look at me mom, I can dance" like she had learned so much in 40 min:) As many reservations as I've had about it I am SO glad I signed her up for it and I really know she is going to enjoy it now that she knows what to expect.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Are her teachers Heather Beabout and Beth Massengale? Or just look-alikes? That's cool if it is them and you know the teachers!

Jaci Spain said...

Her teachers are Heather and some girl named Sarah. I was glad she got Heather and Mia really seems to like her:)

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

oh jaci.. she is soooo cute. I can not believe she is "old" enough to do this.. our first born's are getting so "big." I love that she is the smallest in the class.. she looks adorable. I can't wait to see her moves!

kristie said...

that's awesome, jac. so glad she likes it!! :)

the troyers said...

thanks for the note on my blog! Your daughters are so beautiful... I'll have two girls of my own soon... I'm due in 11 weeks now, we plan to name her Daisey Joy!

Jessica D. said...

My mom took a photo of me when i was little just like this. I too was the smallest. Small is great...I've never minded it. Howver i never really cared to play basketball either. Good things.