Tuesday, February 3, 2009

No More Paci

So, I just randomly decided this afternoon on the way home that I was going to take Averi's paci away for good. She has only been allowed to have it for naptime and bedtime since about 7 or 8 mos. old. But she loved that she got to have it in her bed. I have known this was coming and been dreading taking it away, mostly just because I knew how much she loved it. Anyways, she is doing GREAT so far. She actually didn't even cry when I laid her down without it which I can't believe. I thought she was going to cry for like at least 30 minutes or an hour, but guess what?! Instead she was in there laughing and playing. I guess maybe she thinks it's play time instead...lol. Oh well, I'll take laughing over crying any day. After about 20 minutes of that, she fell right to sleep.

The next 2 big things are potty training and moving her into a big girl bed. Can't think about those things today though...one step at a time:) Jon and I have both been so worried about all these things, mostly just because Mia always handled transition so well (because of her compliant personality) and we didn't know what to expect with Averi. But right now she is doing better than we thought she would, so maybe the other 2 things won't be as hard as we thought. Keeping my fingers crossed...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's encouraging!!
I really need to do that.
We're starting mildly to potty train, but the paci needs to go too. Thank for the encouragement!