Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Organization is a Wonderful Thing

Jon was off this past Monday for President's Day. We decided to take on a major project and organize Mia's room. We have needed a bookshelf in there for a LONG time, but the one I wanted was out of our price range. So I finally gave in and just decided to get this one at Target. I figured it was fine, at least for now. So Jon put it together while I went through and organized all their toys and put them in small storage containers.

The girls have spent the last 3 days sitting and reading books because now they can actually see what there is to choose from:) Before they were in a storage unit in Mia's closet and they couldn't even tell what was in there. And the nice thing about the small storage containers is that they are out of reach and all the pieces are together so when they want to play with something, I can pull it off the top of the bookcase and give it to them, but they have to clean that up before getting something else out.



Now all their dress up clothes and puzzles are in this storage unit (this is where there books used to be).

Why didn't I think of this brilliant idea before?!:) I don't know about ya'll but before there were all sorts of random toys mixed up together and thrown into 1 toy box. We still have the toy box, but it only has a few of the bigger toys in there now.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

GREAT job! Doesn't that feel awesome?!

I've been meaning to tackle some organization projects too that will make my world seem so much brighter. It's just finding the time and energy to do it that's the problem. . .