Monday, February 23, 2009

Popcorn & Candy Land

Mia is definitely a child of routine. So we got her Candy Land for Christmas and our routine since then has been that after Averi goes to bed at 7, then we make popcorn and play Candy Land. It's sort of a fun little time for her, Jon and I. She's even gotten to where when I go to read and put Averi in the bed, she gets the popcorn out and opens it and then gets a bowl out and sets it on the counter. Then she runs over and starts setting up the Candy Land game. What is it with Candy Land? I used to love that game when I was little too.

Mia & Daddy having popcorn together (Jon had a sore throat and was feeling pretty rough yesterday, so Mia climbed up on the couch and shared some popcorn with him).

Setting up Candy Land...

4 comments:

Mishka said...

We did the same thing when Liv was ~3, but she liked go fish, fun times, cherish them because they are already gone for us! Now we put all the kids in the bed at the same time because we can't get them to bed by 7 anymore!

christiejones said...

So sweet. What a great mom you are to play every night!!

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

wow.. um.. the last few moment at our house involve my husband throwing the boys on the couch.. does that count? He gets 'em all "riled up" only to put them in the bed a few minutes later. but they both go to bed at the same time. Even though Jorge comes out to pee at least twice. ;-) Im curious if Jorge would play candyland.

Rachel said...

How cute!! It's cool to have a "special" time with the oldest child. And Ali is a child of habit too, so I get that!!