I am not ready to fully potty train yet because we are heading to Florida to visit my brother and his wife in a couple of weeks and I'm afraid that will mess things up, but I will probably continue to let her try a few times per day and then all out potty train her when we get back from our trip. I have to say that Mia has been a huge encourager and support in this effort:) She is always saying, "Averi I have to go potty, do you want to go too?", and since Averi is her shadow she will run after her and sit on her potty just because Mia is doing that. So once again Av proves me wrong! If you read my "No More Paci" post, you'll know what I mean:)
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Potty Success
I cannot believe it! Averi has totally started potty training. I didn't think we would even attempt this for a few more months. But we had gotten the potty chair down from the attic a few months ago just to get her used to the idea (we thought it may be a long process). So anyways, she would always sit on it right before she got in the bath, but never would go. Well the other day I was getting her ready for church and told her to run try to go potty before I got her dressed. I really didn't think she would do anything but run in there, sit for 5 seconds and run back. Well after a minute or two she was still in there. And I went and started to pick her up to go get dressed and she started saying "I potty, I potty". Sure enough I look down and she was pooping in the potty. I could NOT believe it. So of course we made a huge deal about it and gave her some mini m&m's. Well later in the day I told her again to go potty and she peed this time. Again I was SHOCKED. She's what I call my A.D.D pottier. She will run in there, do her business and run back out to play (Mia would sit on it for a LONG time and read books before she did anything, but she was content to do that:)). Averi just wants to get it done so she can get back to playing. So we have had 4 successes now.
I am not ready to fully potty train yet because we are heading to Florida to visit my brother and his wife in a couple of weeks and I'm afraid that will mess things up, but I will probably continue to let her try a few times per day and then all out potty train her when we get back from our trip. I have to say that Mia has been a huge encourager and support in this effort:) She is always saying, "Averi I have to go potty, do you want to go too?", and since Averi is her shadow she will run after her and sit on her potty just because Mia is doing that. So once again Av proves me wrong! If you read my "No More Paci" post, you'll know what I mean:)
I am not ready to fully potty train yet because we are heading to Florida to visit my brother and his wife in a couple of weeks and I'm afraid that will mess things up, but I will probably continue to let her try a few times per day and then all out potty train her when we get back from our trip. I have to say that Mia has been a huge encourager and support in this effort:) She is always saying, "Averi I have to go potty, do you want to go too?", and since Averi is her shadow she will run after her and sit on her potty just because Mia is doing that. So once again Av proves me wrong! If you read my "No More Paci" post, you'll know what I mean:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
awesome, jac. that is SO great!
oh---that was me btw.. Kris :)
okay.. im not gonna say a word.
Good job Averi!
WOW, what a BIG GIRL!!!! :D Now, once you get her potty trained...it's time to have ANOTHER ONE!! :D xoxo
Post a Comment