Friday, March 13, 2009

Now for the sad news...

Well now that I've gotten the fun stuff out of the way with pictures from our trip, I will share our sad news...Last week I suffered a miscarriage. I was about 6 1/2 wks. pregnant and had scheduled to go in for a regular checkup before we left for our trip to Florida. So when I woke up Tues. morning (which was the day of my appt) I started spotting. I immediately knew something was very wrong. I know that can be common for some women during pregnancy, but my 1 experience with this before resulted in a miscarriage. I had one before I got pregnant with Mia and then had never had any spotting with my other 2 pregnancies. I still went in to see my doctor and he confirmed that I had lost the baby. I was heartbroken. We all felt like it would still be the best thing for us to still go on our trip to FL. We had already bought plane tickets and I felt like emotionally it would be good for me.

I think the thing that has been the saddest for me in it all was how excited Mia was about it. That's all she talked about for the few days that she knew. It was interesting because she didn't say anything about it for the past week so I was sort of hoping that she had forgotten about it. But then she came up to me yesterday and asked me if she could kiss my baby in my tummy. I was so sad...

It's like my doctor told me though, I am so very lucky that I can get pregnant so easily. I got pregnant the first month we were trying. And as he was telling me, he sees tons of patients every week who are facing infertility and all sort of other issues, so for that I am thankful. I'm choosing to look at it positively and say it could have been worse. I could have been further along before losing the baby, or not been able to get pregnant at all etc...

I have to say this loss has been a little easier to deal with because of having Mia and Averi. We are so blessed to have our 2 precious girls and I know that in His time (not mine), we will God-willing have another one.

8 comments:

jade, trish, halle and will said...

Love you Jaci! I said a prayer for you today!

Rachel said...

Oh Jaci, I'm so sorry!!!

I will be praying for all of you for joy and healing and recovery.

Lindsay said...

I'm so sorry, Jaci. I'll be praying for your recovery and for a future healthy pregnancy for you and Jon.

Anonymous said...

Jaci...
Posting a blog comment almost sems inappropriate in reponse to your news. We are sad and grieve with you, and pray for the healing of your heart and God's will in bringing another child into your lives.
Laura

Jaci Spain said...

Thank ya'll so much for your prayers! I have need and felt them!

Kendra Rickert said...

Jaci, so sorry to hear about this! I pray that you will feel God's comfort and love through out this difficult time!

Jess the Mess said...

I just read this and wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you.

Kate said...

Oh sweet friend...am just now reading this post. I'm sending you a BIG WARM HUG right now and all my love and prayers...love you so much and pray our Papa God is wrapping you up in His great big arms of love and comfort! If you need anything, just write! Love you dearie!!! {{{HUG}}}