Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Missouri Trip

We got back from Missouri at around 10pm last night. It was a good trip for the most part. We got to visit with a lot of Jon's extended family for the weekend. Mia had a good time playing with his cousins little girls who were also 4 yrs. old.

I don't know what it is about our vacations lately but unfortunately Averi developed a fever and sore throat the first night we were there. We were staying in a cottage out in the middle of nowhere in Missouri with no doctor's close by. Thankfully her fever broke that same night, but she kept saying all weekend "something mouth hurts". So I just kept giving her Motrin every 6 hrs. Then this morning she was still complaining and so I got out a flashlight and looked at her throat and the poor thing has a bright red, swollen throat with white spots all over it. So we are heading to the doctor after her nap. The hardest part while we were there was that she wasn't sleeping good and was back and forth between the pack & play and our bed, so that was pretty exhausting. I just felt so bad for her and she was not her normal self at all. She had her sweet moments, but she was definitely more clingy and testy than her usual easy going self.

Both girls actually did really well on the car ride. We got a great deal on a DVD player for the car for long trips so that really came in handy on our trip. And they colored and played with some mini dolls that I had bought for them. I'm working on my pictures and will post those later...

No comments: