Monday, August 3, 2009

Praying for a Miracle

Please be praying for me this week. I was hoping to be posting a happy announcement today following my doctor's appointment to announce my pregnancy. But I am instead asking for prayer.

I went in for my ultrasound today to determine how far along I am and hopefully see the baby. We were able to see the sack, but no baby. I had my hormone levels drawn 2 weeks ago and it appeared that things were progressing wonderfully. They had tripled in 2 days. But my doctor is saying that we should be seeing baby by now. He was trying to be optimistic and tell me that it's possible we're still a few days too early or maybe it is tucked away on the side of the sack. So as he prayed with me for a miracle, I ask for ya'll to do the same this week. I am very discouraged but trying to be positive at the same time and hope for the best. Given my history of having had 2 previous miscarriages though, this was hard for me to hear.

He drew my hcg levels again today and will be doing another ultrasound on Friday. I'll keep you posted and thank you for the prayers...

8 comments:

Heather said...

Praying for you, Jaci.

Greta said...

Jaci, I was just sitting here thinking about how hard it is waiting for this little one to make his appearance. How MUCH hard it must be for you to wait for Friday's news?

I will definitely be praying that baby is just good at hide and seek!
Hope you can keep yourself and the girls busy so the time passes quickly.

Unknown said...

You and your little one are in my prayers!

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

still praying. I am asking God to have that baby ready for his close-up by friday.

christiejones said...

Praying too Jaci. Thanks for letting us pray for you.

Lindsay said...

Praying for y'all.

Ann Marie said...

Praying for you! I didnt even realize what was going on until after you called me this morning...I'm a little out of the loop since being out of the country.

Rachel said...

Oh goodness - I will definitely be praying for you guys!!!