Sunday, May 16, 2010

Almost There!

So things have been PRETTY crazy but we are nearing the end. We are moving this Saturday. I am so worn out but I know how nice it will be to finally be in the new house after lots of hard work. There will still be plenty to do, but I am so tired of living between 2 houses it's not even funny. So I am looking very forward to getting settled in and doing one project at a time.

Jon & I rented a U-Haul on Saturday and drove to the IKEA in Atlanta to pick up some of our new furniture. Here are a few of the items we picked out...

Our sectional for the LR (folds into a large sofa bed)

Several shelving units

A really comfortable chair for the LR...

And the footstool to go with in...

My kitchen island which I am SO excited about. It has a chopping block on top...

We also got a lot of little items for the kitchen, frames, lamps and other decor. Their prices are so inexpensive and we love the contemporary style of their stuff. We saved our tax refund this year to purchase some new stuff because it was time for an update on the furniture.

Please pray for us if you think about it throughout this week as we pack and get the other house ready to move into. And for Averi...She has been fighting a chest cold/fever and has had a couple rough nights. Thankfully she is now on an antibiotic and steroid.

3 comments:

Christen said...

Awesome furniture! I love the sofa/ sectional!

jenn hilt purvis said...

beautiful jac- so excited :) and it's fun seeing all the beautiful things you've been able to get :) it's sooo fun isn't it!!! i love your colors and styles. thanks for sharing and SO excited for ya'll to be moved in and able to really enjoy the fruit of all your hard labor

Sarah Batdorf said...

Can't wait for you all to move in! I'm so excited for you. The house is looking really beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the pics and progress with us.