Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Mia

Oh my little sweet, sensitive and beautiful Mia...I cannot believe you are already 5 years old! Where has the time gone?! Although I have to say you act 5 going on about 25. You remind me of things that I would have otherwise forgotten. You pack your own backpack and snacks for school every day. You constantly tell Averi what to do, but are also very protective over her. You help keep our family in line:) You are little miss responsibility.

You had your first crush this year on Caleb in your preschool class. And you came home heartbroken a few days ago when Caleb said his brother told him he couldn't marry you because "brown boys don't marry white girls":) Oh it was so funny, but you were really sad about it.

You loved your first year of school and are excited about K-5 next year because you will get to go all 5 days instead of only 3. You have become very social which is so funny because you were very shy and "scared" of a lot of things your first couple years of life. But we always pushed you through those things and you have since come out of your shell and absolutely love to be with people now.

You are still a daddy's girl (and probably always will be). Which I'm okay with because I see how special you are to each other.

Please don't ever stop being you! I love your sensitivity (although the drama can sometimes get a little out of hand:) ). But it's something in you that I envy and that I think God will use throughout your life to minister to many people! We love you and hope you have a very special birthday! Mommy & Daddy
P.S.Speaking of sensitive, you got teary eyed when I read this to you this morning:)



5 comments:

The Woosleys said...

Happy Birthday, Mia!!!!! Give her a big hug from us.

~Heather and Dan

Rachel said...

She's so beautiful! Happy birthday, Mia!

KLBx4 said...

Happy Birthday Mia! Hope you had a great day!

Love,
Connor, Carson, and Colton

Christen said...

Hope Mia had a wonderful birthday!
What a sweet letter!

Barbara said...

God has blessed you with 2 beautiful girls...Happy Birthday Mia!!
Love,
Dale & Barb Mc