I am at the point where I realize that right now this is where God has me at. And instead of wishing their first years away because I am consumed about wanting another baby, I want to be thankful for the blessing they are to me and enjoy them. At this point I'm not sure that another baby will be a reality for me. But there are many women out there who would give anything to just have one child. So I am truly blessed with my 2. I love my girls more than anything!
And my family has spoiled me already today with breakfast in bed, sweet cards, my favorite flowers, Mia made me a travel coffee mug at school and Jon got me a brand new matching set of 12 pots & pans (my cookware is so old and mismatched it's not even funny). And later they are taking me to dinner. So they have done well making me feel loved and appreciated. I was thinking back to past Mother's Days and the last 6 or 7 years I have spent at soccer tournaments. So I am enjoying this one a whole lot:)
I hope that you all have a very special Mother's Day as well. And if you are a mother, please spend this day reflecting on what a blessing each one of their precious lives truly are...
2 comments:
jac- this is so beautifully written. i praise God for the grace in your life to bear up under the difficulties of miscarriage and to emerge from it with thankfulness and grace and to share that reminder with us that God is faithful. you are a beautiful, amazing mom. sending you LOTS of love and hugs on Mommy's Day
Thanks for sharing your heart and reminding us all to treasure our precious children as true gifts from the Lord!
Post a Comment