Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gymnastics

Mia started Gymnastics Tuesday night. I cannot believe I forgot my camera. I came straight from work and didn't have time to run home and get it. But anyways, I will take it next week to get some good pictures.

She looked so cute. She is a head shorter than everyone else (just like ballet and school). Another mom tapped me on the shoulder and said "is that little tiny girl in the blue your daughter?" And I said "yes". And she goes "and how old is she? 4?!" I just laughed and nodded.

She absolutely loved it. She walked right up to her teacher when her name was called and didn't even look back. I was a little worried that she might be overwhelmed because there were tons of people there and other classes going on at the same time. But she wasn't at all. I think us pushing her through some of these things has helped her overcome some of her fears.

I love the way they have it set up with bleachers so Averi and I can watch. Averi was mesmerized watching all the action. When I asked Mia after it was over if she liked it better than ballet her response was "oh yes...I actually don't like ballet anymore" :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's so awesome! I'm glad she's enjoying it!