Friday, August 21, 2009

Just What I Needed to Hear

I have had this crazy underlying fear since Mia started school that she would suddenly turn in to a terror child. I know it seems completely silly, but it was a real concern for me. I mean you work so hard training them at home and just pray that when they are away from you they will obey their authority and behave in a way that honors Christ.

So I ran into Mia's teacher yesterday afternoon at the church and she stopped me and said exactly what I needed to hear to put me at ease. Mrs. Moore said to me:

"Mia has been SO sweet and she just goes with the flow and does whatever is asked of her. As a matter of fact we have a little Japanese girl in our class who barely speaks any English and Mia has been so nice to her and the other little girl has just attached herself to Mia and follows her around everywhere she goes. I said to Mia to let me know if she gets too overbearing and I'll ask her to back off. But Mia just continues to be sweet and let her tag along with her."

Boy was I relieved to hear that! I love that she's the one that was reaching out to another child who needed a friend. And that she is going along and doing whatever is asked of her!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Jaci, Mia really looks like you in this picture. I am so happy for yall with the job thing and Mia starting preschool working out. I've been praying for you and I hope we can maybe see each other soon!

Rachel said...

That's so awesome! Mia's such a sweetheart - you have nothing to worry about!