Sunday, August 2, 2009

Team Camp in Panama City

We arrived back from team camp Friday night. It really was such an incredible time. I missed my girls TONS, but it would have been so much harder with them there. Plus I had to chaperone one of the condos since there weren't enough moms there, so I'm not sure how that would have worked out. And the good thing is they survived the week and even had a pretty good time:) Averi was definitely ready for us to get back though.

I called them every day and talked to each of them and all Averi would say the whole time I talked to her was "my mommy coming home" and Mia would say in the background "and my daddy's coming home too". It was cute because these days Mia's such a daddy's girl and Averi's a mommy's girl. But they were both glad for us to both be back and we haven't had anything else going on but just spending time with them this weekend.

While we were there we had training sessions each morning with beach and pool time in the afternoons. We would go out for dinner and then play games, have devotions and just spend time together hanging out in the evenings. We have an amazing team whom we have been lucky to coach for 6 years now. They have grown closer and closer each year and have an awesome bond. It's a really great thing to watch from our perspective. And we've had several families break up throughout the years and this team has seemed to be the only thing to keep these girls afloat and give them some hope and purpose. I have always said it is our ministry and I am so thankful that even through our years of having young kids, God has given us help with our girls and allowed us to continue coaching this team.

Pinepple Willie's...

The whole team after dinner on the beach...

The girls who were in my condo...Andrea (our keeper), Me, Ruth (center mid), Megan (forward), and Perri (defender). And yes these girls are all significantly bigger than me...they could kick my butt:)

Ruth Terry jumping over Emma & TJ...


Their 2 mile run on the beach. They finished in 13 minutes...we were very impressed!


1 comment:

christiejones said...

Thanks for you comments Jaci! You're so sweet. I'll be missing you all for sure!! :(
Glad you trip went well! What an awesome ministry you guys have!